Classroom Behaviour Expectations
We have developed classroom expectations and use a progressive discipline policy which gives every student guidance in making good choices about his/her behaviour.
Our classroom expectations are:
- Follow directions
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Use kind words and indoor voices
- You don’t make it-you don’t break it!
To encourage the children to follow our expectations, we recognize appropriate behaviour with praise, positive notes and fun whole class incentives.
The following steps will be taken in our progressive discipline plan:
- Verbal warning and reminder of expectations
- Verbal warning and brief removal from activity, talk with child about behaviour and repercussions
- Note/phone call home
- Visit to the office
- Incidences will be followed by a restorative justice process with all students involved
Depending on the severity of the incident, the office may be involved at an earlier stage.