Starting in October, we will be looking for two volunteers who are able to give 30-45 minutes of their time each week (preferably on Tuesday or Thursday mornings) to read with/work with individual children. If you are interested and able to give of your time, please let us know via your child’s Communication Book. You will need to have an up-to-date police background check (with vulnerable sector screening) filed with our school office.
School trips are exciting and fun. It is a great opportunity for the children to see and learn new things and for the teachers to observe the children in a different setting. This year, we hope to go on 2-3 class trips together. If you are interested in being a trip volunteer, here are some guidelines that we need you to follow.
– You must have an up to date police background check (including vulnerable sector screening) filed with the school office. Without one, you are not able to volunteer on any school trips or classroom activities.
– You must be able to keep watch over a small group (4-5) students assigned to you.
– You must be willing to assist students with snack (if needed), and be aware of any food allergies within the class group.
– Please remind students to use the washroom/wash hands.
– Do not bring any younger/older siblings along on the class trip.
– Most of the time, volunteers do not need to pay admission into the trip site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask!